November 28, 2008

Bad Factory Parts & Old Age


I guess I have to get used to the fact that Lucy's health issues are cyclical. She's once again had several days of reverse sneezing and a runny nose. The last two days she's thrown up her food. That's a new feature, one that I'm unsure is caused by her partially paralyzed larynx or the drugs she must take for rhinitis...or both. She remains eager for a walk, but not so eager to eat. I don't blame her; I wouldn't want to eat either if it meant food wasn't going to stay down.

We were at our in-laws home for Thanksgiving and Lucy piddled inside. This was done purposefully, not like the past where she was dribbling in her sleep. None-the-less, I was a tad embarrassed. Lucy also had a sneezing attack that was severe enough to give her a bloody nose. I think her problem lay with the commotion of Thanksgiving with the puppy, all the extra people, and the fact that she couldn't find that damn cat she could still smell. (The cat is one of their many past pets that has been squished on their street. We won't go there, but the cat met its demise about a month ago.)

This morning she didn't eat her breakfast, but waited until several hours later. We'll see if she keeps it down.

No comments: