November 3, 2008

Another roller coaster

Good news from the CT scan, right? Or at least not bad news. But now Lucy's peeing on her bed, on the rugs, on the floor. Not dribbling, peeing a full bladder's worth. When she's sleeping or lying down. Can she not feel it?!? This started last week and hit full stride by the weekend. What I originally thought was her runny nose, I know now was the start of her dribbling.

I took her to her normal vet this morning, but Kate was gone so the back up vet saw us. She took blood and a urine sample and said Lucy's white blood count was elevated, so gave me very expensive antibiotics for a bladder infection and another drug for urinary incontinence.

Friday she goes in for the rhinoscopy and there goes another four digit vet bill. Not that she isn't worth it, but the loss of personal income because of how the economy affects my job, along with the accumulation of unexpected large veterinary expenditures, is becoming overwhelming. The outlay makes me anxious, Lucy's health makes me anxious...

On the other hand, her appetite remains top notch!

No comments: