November 4, 2008

Early Morning

Sometime around 4AM, Lucy must have peed in her bed. (She's being sequestered in the kitchen overnight, but has access via the dog door to outside.) We heard her collar shaking outside and saw her lying in the grass in the backyard. Deviant behavior is an immediate red flag for me, particularly now that she's not feeling well. Why would she choose to lie in wet grass in the pouring rain? Something's not right.
When I got up about 15 minutes later, I went into the kitchen and there was a huge, fresh puddle on her bed. The washing machine is jugging away now as I type. I couldn't get her bed in to wash it, but put her cover in along with the towel I used to clean her bed.

The vet gave me Clavamox for the infection and Proin for incontinence. Although I gave Lucy 1/2 a tab of Proin last night, I decided to hold off giving her anymore until I clear up the bladder infection and then see if she needs it. And then I read the article. Egads!

What's happening to our little girl?

No comments: