May 13, 2009

Tucker


Tucker is either a short-coated border collie or a border collie/cattle dog cross. Neither the rescue nor the vet were positive. He's somewhere between 1-2 years old and a fine little dog. I did bite off a handful considering his breed and his desire for chase...cats, small kids. Not all bring it out or should I say, not all create a wreck out of both of us. All entice him: cats, kids, dogs, people, cars, but to see a couple in a row put him in hyper drive. One alone, we can manage. Thank heavens he's little, but I don't want to turn him (and me) into whirling dervishes.

Oh. Did I mention he's also a jumper? And a counter surfer?

I've taken him to the vet and he got a clean bill of health. I'm hoping to set up an appointment with an organization called Packworks. The rescue folks recommended it because of Tucker's shyness. Another neighbor recommended because of the great advice they gave him on his rescue dog.

So Mr. Tuck is not a poodle, nor an Aussie. He does shed. My skin is reacting. And right now, I questions my sanity. I'm hoping he'll be just fine.

No comments: