May 26, 2009

New Day

I dropped Tucker off last week. His foster mom is a wonderful, easy-going woman. She was going to take Tucker sheep-herding this past weekend. I hope it went well; I think he'd like it.

When I dropped him off, he immediately started playing with his buddy and that certainly eased the transition for me. His foster mom sent me an email letting me know he's paced the gate when I left, but went back to playing with his dog friends, so Tuck will be okay.

The friend that joined me on this sad, but good trip said I should get a lab. I don't think of myself as a lab person, but what should happen? The owner of my in-laws great aussie called to tell me their wonderful little girl dog commingled with the neighbor's black lab and now has 5 week old puppies as proof? Destiny? I'll go look...

No comments: