May 18, 2009

Pulling My Hair Out

One week down the hatch and what a hatch it is! Tucker is obsessive/compulsive about the sky. He tears around the yard, eyes fixed skyward, barking. It doesn't matter if a bird, contrail, or plane is in sight; he's over the top about it. Same in the house if he can look out a window. I hate this and don't know how to deal with it!

Packworks said to keep his world small and only walk him in the backyard, but after one day, he's gone from a sweet boy to a snippy boy. Awful. I took him back into the neighborhood this morning and though he pulled, it was better for both of us. Where's the mental stimulation from walking the backyard? He didn't look at me while doing it, but at the sky. Periodically he'd flop down and I'd be dragging him until he got up. What is this proving? If this is leadership, I say someone else can have it!

He won't poop (yet) while on a leash, so of course he went inside. Not his fault. This has me so on edge I can barely stand it!

No comments: