March 20, 2009

Rebuttal for why NOT to get a dog

I got this rebuttal for my cons. Will I be aided and abetted at each turn? It looks like it! :)

1. The house is cleaner.
I won't be bothered by trivial stuff if I have a dog to play with.

2. I don't have to be home at any certain time.
I'll be glad to be home on time because of what greets me!

3. I don't have go on a walk if it's pouring.
I'll get to enjoy a tour of the natural world with my friend.

4. No spousal disagreements regarding care.
My spouse and I will have a stronger relationship because we have a mutual being to be responsible for.

5. Cheaper.
I'll get rich being paid in wags and shiny eyed looks.

6. We can go anywhere at anytime without worrying about the dog.
I won't wander aimlessly through my life.

7. The yard/garden is free of destruction.
I will have a reason to be outside more.

8. We can leave the garage open.
Your garage will be closed to prevent theft of property.

9. We don't have to worrying about who/how to board the dog.
I will have so much joy sharing my dog with the wonderful people I search out.

10. No training time.
I will have the mental stimulation of training another species to live happily in the world he's in.

11. No heartbreak.
I will get to experience a full lifespan in a way that we humans rarely get to do with each other.

No comments: