March 9, 2009

Missing My Girl

I didn't think I'd be writing any more...at least not about Lucy and not so soon. After the initial heart break of losing her, I went through the denial period where I was not interested in any dogs. That's changed. I just returned from a short trip with girl friends and two of them have two dogs apiece. Naturally, there was a lot of dog-talk.

When I returned home, stepping off the plane and seeing my husband was wonderful, but entering an empty house with no Lucy to greet me was like watching a play where the last act was canceled. The house was empty and flat.

I may be getting a new pup sooner than I thought. I try to think of all the crummy things about dog-owning to keep myself distanced, but fact of the matter, that furry face is able to break down all sorts of boundaries.

No comments: