June 19, 2009

Love Fest

Here is Bella snoozing on my husband's leg. Oh! Such a lovely puppy!

Bella has done two nights with only one mid-night wake-up. Five hours of crossing her legs successfully! It's been great. Though I find myself still in a bit of a sleep-deprived fog, I know real sleep is not too far away.

I took her in the car yesterday and will again today. Tomorrow is her first shots from the vet, though she did get the first puppy shots from her breeder. On Sunday we begin puppy class. For these two events, I want to make sure that I am able to successfully travel with her. I'm presently using her bed (crate) for this and it seems to work well.

I'm excited about the class starting up and am eager to see her with the other puppies. Although we've been doing a moderate amount of training (name recognition, leash walking, sit, a bit of come), I want to get started with guided training. My husband says I know what how to train a dog and that's probably true. None-the-less, I haven't worked with a puppy in decades and want the guidance. It's the clicker training which I'm excited to try.

No comments: