June 9, 2009

Bringing in Supplies

I am so excited. It's funny how much different I feel about this puppy versus the sweet Tucker. I find myself quite 'ga-ga' over the puppy's imminent arrival and perhaps that's the calm before the storm. The basement is stocked with puppy food, treats and toys. Reading is frenetic. The orientation last night was exhilarating.

Who is this puppy? The thing I keep thinking is that for a while it will be pandemonium, and then...and then...it will be bliss. Yes, there will be ups and downs and whys and hows and all the things that go with dog-owning. But unless this puppy is a complete bomb (which I don't anticipate), there will be all the years of dog-owning bliss when I look into that furry face and glow with love and pride and happiness that this pup is part of my family!

No comments: