August 14, 2007

Another kind of waiting

One more week of this 'penning up.' I allow Lucy in a room with me since she stays on her bed in that room. When I leave or do tasks around the house that don't allow me to monitor her, she goes back into the pen. We'll all be glad when that area of the kitchen is back in normal use.

I need to check with the vet about her care once the antibiotics, pain meds and pen are finished. The drug regime should be completed by Thursday—the same day the pen can come down. Five minute walks can begin on Friday, but for how long before we can bump it to 10 minutes? When can she use stairs...or jump in the car? Our neighborhood is one big hill. Can she do hills? Are those any different for her back than stairs?

One of my biggest fears is that once walks start, we'll run into loose dogs. Lucy can be leash aggressive if approached by a loose dog. It seems the dogs that we've experienced being loose are aggressive anyway and that's the LAST thing I want to deal with.

No comments: