January 25, 2013

Dog Booties Uber Alles

Bella's paws are in good condition this year for three reasons:
  1. Last year I picked eight jillion pounds of broken glass from the yard of the home we rent while in Baja. (She had seriously sliced her feet more than once just running across the yard.)
  2. This year, the landlord has hired someone to rake the sand (i.e., yard) once a week. The other six days, I continue to pick up broken glass.
  3. Bella wears Ruffwear's dog booties when we go mountain biking. 
Well-worn, de-sanded and moderately washed dog boots.
Last year I wouldn't allow her to bike in the cactus forest (La Bufadora), but she's more mature and I thought she could manage it this time around. With booties, she's done well, and still, we've pulled some huge thorns from the soles. So thanks, Ruffwear! Bella (and I) are happy campers knowing her paws are protected!

No comments: