March 8, 2011

Gorgeous Weekend

Although the temperature never rose about 50 degrees, it was sunny and the earth smelled like spring. The crocuses made it through the freeze and snow of the previous week and were so cheery showing their bright little blossoms among the tulip leaves.

I took the opportunity to edge the gardens in back. I could use power tools, but I prefer slow, methodical hand-trimming as I am "up close and personal" with the ground. It took two days to do as the arthritis in my hand was letting me know hand-trimming ain't for sissies. Still, it was wonderful to see how the gardens had fared.

Bella, never missing the opportunity of a captive audience, immediately went for her tennis ball and demanded a game of fetch. Another fun harbinger of spring: I work in the yard and throw the ball, she chases and retrieves. I think this is called a symbiotic relationship!

No comments: