December 8, 2009

Behavior and Color Changes

My nephew and his wife were visiting us for a few days. Bella was in heaven. Four people with whom to play! What a boon! The downside of their visit is that we now have a puppy who thinks she is the center of her universe. (Which unfortunately isn't too far off.)

Her ability to ignore well-known commands has escalated and I can tell I'll have several days of getting her back on track. The worst issue is ignoring "Come!" when our game of fetch is over. She wants no part of "over." I call her, she stands just out of reach and stares, I wait, she ignores. The word which has never failed is "Treats!" said in the highest, squeakiest voice one can muster. She always comes, but I must have a handful of yummy morsels. I want this command to be foolproof.

My nephew said she'd changed color since she was a baby. We hadn't noticed as we see her daily. But he was correct. Here's a picture of her the first day she came home. Look how much more white she was as a baby.

No comments: