July 30, 2009

Hot!

Yesterday the airport recorded 103 degrees. A record for us, but not the highest temp in the area. Some local communities got up to 106! The last time I looked at the in-house thermometer it was 96. That's indoors. (This morning at 5:30AM it was pegged at 84.)

I bought a kiddie pool for Bella, but during the day all she did was drink from it. One front paw went in, but nothing else. I stuffed her Kong with ice cubes and that satisfied her until they melted and we were back to the heat. It was, in fact, too hot to even be sitting outside in the shade, so the majority of the day we were in the basement. I wish I knew what the temp was there. It was cooler, but it certainly wasn't cool.

Around 9PM we went into the back and Bella re-discovered the pool. I wish I could take action shots because she was having a ball trying to dig to the bottom of the pool. No lying in it, but she spread so much water by digging that she was soaked. And what happens to a cooled down puppy? Solid action! She went flying around the yard making three laps, before going back to the pool for another dig!

I'll look at the phone pictures I took and see if they are worth posting.

No comments: