April 16, 2013

Bella Turns Four

Yesterday was Bellie's fourth birthday. I have never owned a dog where I knew his or her birth date. It's a cheap thrill. For Bella, each day is wonderful and I feel silly doing doggie birthday cakes, so any celebrating was more for me thanking the gods for bringing Bella into our lives.

She got to clean out the plain yogurt container. Oh boy! Had two games of chuck-it. Thrilling! Received some meat in her evening kibble. Oh joy!

I did take her on a new hike. At this time of year, it has to be local and low because of weather. There is a river that was paved over a hundred years or more ago and is now a pond. There's a trail along side it that I had never walked before. The trail was mucky in parts from all our recent rain, but the salmon berries were starting to bloom and the pond was thriving with ducks and geese. Bella got to swim. Happy girl.

Happy Birthday, my lovely puppy!

No comments: