March 1, 2013

How Often is Your Dog Vaccinated?

I am not even going to go into this other than refer you to this recent article in Bark magazine regarding vaccination frequency and amount. It is a HOT topic with many pet owners and something my vet and I have struggled with trying to walk a fine line between US and Mexican requirements for pets crossing borders. Bella is healthy and current on all her vaccines, but Mexican law requires yearly rabies shots, where my state has a 3-year interim between boosters.

I spoke with another U.S. vet who lives in Mexico six months of the year. I asked him how he manages his dog's rabies shot. He observes the standard for his state. I have not asked him about vaccinations in general and plan to do so the next time I see him.

Have you talked to your vet about this? What have you discovered?

No comments: