February 27, 2012

Hurt Again!

Arg! This is driving me crazy. Bella did something to her back foot again and is putting no weight on it. We have checked it multiple times for thorns, but cannot find anything. There are no cuts. I've extended and contracted her leg to see if there is an issue there. I've moved her toes and her foot around. All of these are coming up with nothing. I'm beside myself with worry. She isn't licking any part of her foot or leg, but she also isn't moving around. FOOTNOTE: There is a local retired vet in the area and though we did not intend for him to look at Bella, we sought his opinion on whether we should take her into town. He was kind enough to give her a brief examination and determined that she had probably sprained her toe. Luckily nothing was broken and there were no thorns. It was one of those head-slapping moments that when shown both her back paws, it was obvious one toe was quite a bit larger. My vet had sent me down here with some anti-inflammatories and he suggested I give her some for a couple of days. After a quiet day yesterday and one pill, she's doing much better today. Although still favoring the foot, at least she is putting some weight on it. I didn't take her on the morning women's walk, but will take her on one short one today and maybe two small ones tomorrow.

No comments: