December 11, 2010

Fabulous Marketing & Customer Appreciation

This shows all the treats included in the bag. Wow!
Quite a while ago while shopping for books at my favorite book store, Island Books, I discovered a new outlet of pet food store I'd shopped at nearly 25 years ago in a different location. The store, All the Best, is really the best—at least this store certainly is. I drive quite a ways to shop there, but then have the benefit of frequenting my bookstore across the street too!

The minute you walk in the door, you're greeted with a "Hello!" by an employee whether they are busy with another customer or not. The employees' dogs are at the store and they greet each dog who comes in. Free samples of treats are the norm, and there's a play area where you can let your dog try certain toys. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful about the products they carry. Best yet, not only is the store locally owned, but their prices are comparable with other "healthy pet food" stores.
In minutes, Bella eviscerated a soft toy that
was included in the gift bag.


Last week I got a postcard in the mail and was about to toss it when I noticed the 'All the Best' logo. It was a customer appreciation card and stated if you came into the store, you'd receive a "thanks for being our customer" gift bag. Who can resist that? Needing more dog food (Bella now rotates through Great Life), I went in. We're one bag of food, some treats, a toy and a gift bag richer.

No comments: