November 2, 2009

My First Shiner

Bella and I were playing ball yesterday. In my exuberance to retrieve a wayward ball for her, I slipped on some wet wood, smacking my check against a concrete block. Luckily I suffered no broken bones or teeth. I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch with an ice pack on my face. Bella was quite concerned and kept coming over and licking my ear. Finally, figuring this wasn't enough, she crawled up on top of me and nestled between the back cushions and my body, resting her head on my shoulder. Although I've never allowed a dog onto the furniture, how could I refuse her well-meaning actions? I wish I had a picture. I'm sure she looked sweet. It was nice to know, even at six months, she recognizes and concerned for our well-being.

Today I have quite the shiner and one cheek that resembles a chipmunk's stuffed with food.

No comments: