January 30, 2009

Trying One's Best

Lucy's breathing is getting more labored—not as in she can't breathe (lung issues), but that her nose is constricted. It isn't that goobery, so I can only assume that the chronic rhinitis has the inside passages inflamed. She can't take the Piroxicam (anti-inflammatory) anymore as it conflicts with the Prednisone (for cancer). The two together cause awful, horrible ulcers. So what can I do? Should I do?

I've contacted a holistic vet and am waiting for a response. Purportedly she's worked with a lot of cancer patients and has had good success. With Lucy's blood count being so awful, I'm not expecting much change for the cancer, but perhaps she could do something for the rhinitis allowing Luce to breathe more comfortably. None-the-less, I don't want to subject Lucy to the awful anxiety of vet visits.

I hate this "should I do this?" or "am I neglecting if I don't" quandary. I want Lucy to be comfortable. Bottom line. Consciously I realize tossing this back and forth before speaking with the holistic vet doesn't do me any good and just causes me to be anxious while doing nothing for Lucy.

I guess I should just be patient until I have the conversation...

No comments: