November 20, 2007

What is it with some owners?

What is it with some dog owners? I've mentioned how concerned I am about any dog attack now that Lucy is on the road to mend (and after we spent an arm and a leg getting her there). Well tonight we had another dog 'episode' on our walk.

Our neighborhood, despite the housing crisis, is seeing some pretty major remodeling. The homes are typical one-story 50s ramblers and many new owners are putting on a second story maximizing a pretty phenomenal view. That means, of course, that the streets are teaming with construction workers. Some of those workers bring their dogs to the site for which I've yet to see a single dog tied up. There's one house that has a loose (but of course!) large boxer cross who is not dog-friendly. In the past, the dog has come out into the street and stalked us keeping close behind, but not pressing the distance.

Tonight he tore out at us. I yelled to the owner, who yelled at his dog. The dog stopped, then charged again. The owner yelled again, the dog paused but continued the charge, the owner yelled again and grabbed him. Keep your frikkin' dog tied up buddy! This is something that absolutely drives me berzerk. Do they think their dog can't be hit be a car? Do they think they can control the dog when they're inside shooting nail guns? Can they hear their dog? I doubt it. I feel like calling animal control. I think I will.

No comments: